Saturday, November 8, 2008

Thanks Day 8: I Think Weekends Are Great!!!

Yay, today is Saturday! I'm so glad to have a day off from school, and the normal things of the week. That doesn't mean I don't have any homework. That doesn't go away on the weekend, but I at least have some flexible time that I can schedule in things like cleaning, sorting through boxes, and working on Amanda's Dress. Only 5 weeks left until the wedding. Hard to believe.

When I was a kid, my mom tried to teach us that Saturday was for cleaning, and Sunday was for church. I totally subscribe to the church part, but I'm still not too thrilled about the idea of spending all day Saturday cleaning. I try to do the cleaning throughout the week, as I go, so there isn't much of it left to do on the weekend.

I believe weekends are for recharging your physical and emotional batteries; and working on things that make you happy, so the hard work stuff you have to do during the rest of the week is easier to feel good about. Weekends are for tackling projects, and getting together with friends and family.

Weekends are for going to church on Sunday and recharging yourself spiritually, to be able to be in the big, bad world, without being damaged by it. Weekends are for taking a nap, and visiting on the phone to catch up with loved ones.

The weekdays would be a lot more difficult to get through without the weekends to make it worth it.

YAY for Weekends.

No comments: