Monday, November 17, 2008

16th Day of Thanks: I'm Thankful for Talents!

Today, I am grateful for the talents I have been given. I was blessed with many talents. I'm not even sure that I know yet, what they all are, but I'm getting there.

One of the joys of my life is learning. As I've grown up, progressed, and learned about myself, I have to say that my love of "doing" is one of my favorite things about myself.

As it just so happens, I've been working on Amanda's wedding dress. From the original concept to the current incarnation, the design has been discussed, re-discussed, envisioned from pictures, sketches, and a dress off the internet. All-in-all, it has been a process that has led us (Amanda and me) to designing what I believe we both feel will be the "Perfect Dress" for Amanda. It's nearly finished, and she will be coming here from El Paso, soon, so we can fit it and finish it.

I'm so grateful for the ability and love for sewing that I have, that I have been able to do these kinds of things for my children. Here are a couple of pictures, modeled by my roommate, Alma.

No comments: