Monday, November 10, 2008

The Sabbath Day is So Fine! I'm Thankful - Day Nine


Today, although I've been sick and didn't go to church, I'm thankful for the blessing of being able to choose to attend. I'm thankful for good and conscientious people, who left the security of their European homelands to come to a primitive and untamed land, in order to provide themselves and all future generations the blessing of religious freedom of choice. I'm thankful for America's Founding Fathers, who gave birth to a country that made religious freedom not just a possibility, but a reality.

I'm thankful for a boy prophet who, having been taught righteous principles, had lived worthy to receive, translate, and give to the world the truths of the restored Gospel. I'm grateful for ancestors who listened to missionaries in their homeland of Denmark, and then left all they had to cross not just the ocean, but the plains and wilderness of America, to settle and build a life here in the western North America. And, I'm thankful for a grateful heart. And, I'm thankful I was taught by my parents to give thanks.

No comments: