Saturday, November 1, 2008

Busy, Busy

Hi all! As you know, I'm a full-time college student.
My math, econ, music history, creative drama, and
choir homework (yes, there is still homework for choir - lala) have kept me REALLY busy this semester, so I've neglected things that didn't affect my grades, when neglected. (Except for my family) I make sure to take time to spend with my kids and grandkids, hence this posting.

Last weekend, the annual Mesa Storytelling Festival took place at the Mesa Arts Center. Much of this event is FREE (my favorite price) and my Creative Drama teacher gave us Friday off from class, but we were required to go to some event at this function. Thursday and Friday were very busy days there, since kids are imported by the busloads from schools all over, to attend the event, so I chose to go on Saturday. I thought, "This is a perfect event to spend "Grama" time."

Saturday was a beautiful day. I arranged with Marily to take Dallin and Adam to the festival. We had a GREAT TIME! We listened to storytellers, took puppet-making craft classes (with free books included for the kids), and shared a blue raspberry Italian Ice. We even got our picture taken with the Target Dog. (Target is one of the big sponsors of the event, and also gave out cute "doghouse" boxes of Target animal crackers - yum.)

Then, we took the bus part-way back to their house, and Marily picked us up part-way there. It was the boys' first ride on the city bus. We ate french fries from Pete's Fish & Chips and took a picture with the Metal People, while waiting.

It was such a great day. Dallin wanted to go back the next week, but I told him the festival wouldn't be back for a year, when he would be 5. Later, he asked, "Can we go back there when I'm 5?" I'd say that's pretty much a sign he had a good time.

1 comment:

Marily said...

The boys had a great time--I think you can tell from the pictures the italian ice might have been their favorite part! Thanks again!