Monday, November 10, 2008

Thanks, Day 10 - I'm Thankful for a Place To Live

Today, I'm sick again. Yesterday's 70+ mile-per-hour winds were NOT my friend. All the junk in the air is my enemy. So, today, I'm home in bed. So, today, I'm grateful for a place to call my own. It's pretty difficult to make ends meet sometimes, especially when you're a single older lady and a full-time college student. I'm grateful I've found a place that is within my very limited budget, with a roommate that is a very sweet, special LDS lady. I'm grateful that I have a fairly good working knowledge of the Spanish language, since she speaks very little English. I'm grateful that I am learning so much more about the language, and I'm able to help her as she is learning English.

My roommate's name is Alma. That means "soul" in Spanish. She has a very sweet spirit about her, and her name is very fitting to her personality. She's a very sweet person to live with. Our place is small, but cozy and comfortable. I have my own room, and my own comfy bed. I have a place to work on my sewing, although most crafty-type stuff has to be done outside, since the place is so small. I'm grateful that it is fairly simple to get to school from here, as the bus stop is directly in front of and across from the park entrance. The church building is only a few minutes' walk. If I want to go to downtown Tempe, there is the free Orbit bus, which will probably also be the bus I take to school next year, when I transfer to ASU for my last two years of school.

The past 2 years have been pretty tough, but the Lord is mindful of me, and always provides what I really need, even though sometimes I have to wait until the last minute to know just what that is. At any rate, I have a place to live, and I'm grateful for it.

No comments: