Sunday, November 16, 2008

Day 15 of Thanks! Thanks for the Night!

It seems I've gotten into a pattern of doing my "Thanks" a day . . . after. I was going to say "late," but then I realized that sometimes one has to finish living through the day, before one knows what to be thankful for, for that day.

So, yesterday (night) I decided I was thankful for night. Now, any of you who know me, know exactly how much I like sleeping (NOT). But, I DO like the nighttime, however. It's quiet (most of the time). Nobody calls to interrupt what you're doing, and you can read, play games, or work on projects without so many things to get you sidetracked. I enjoy the time for reflection or watching a good movie, also.

Yes, it's more fun to have someone to spend time with, but when you don't have that someone, night doesn't have to be boring, depressing, or lonely. It can be a time to organize your thoughts about what you have to do for the coming day, relax and do absolutely nothing for a while, or just actually sleep, if you so choose. Z-z-z-z-z

No comments: