Thursday, November 13, 2008

Thanks Day 11/11 - Heidi is Here!

Well, grandchild number 9! Wow!!! How hard is that to wrap my brain around! Heidi Louise Lamoreaux has arrived.

She was born on Veterans' Day, at 7:16 a.m. Weighing in at 7 lbs. 14 oz. and nearly 21 inches long, she has cute little pudgy cheeks and lots of dark, wavy hair. I don't know what color her eyes are, since she never opened them while we (the family) were visiting her. I went with Marily, and Jeremiah went with Kerami, so we were all there at the same time. I got the honor of holding Heidi first, and that love that you feel for your own newborns is multiplied ten times over when you hold your grandchild. It's Amazing! Great Job, Bethany and Daryl! She is adorable and spectacular!

Next, Jeremiah got a turn. He commented that it was the very first newborn he had been able to hold. It sure seems hard to believe, since he has eight other nieces and nephews, but it's true. Then Kerami held Heidi and was rubbing her back. As she did this, Heidi was murmuring and sighing. Kerami said, "Hey guys. She purrs!" Pretty funny! Then Marily had her turn, and then I got another turn. Yay!

On previous days, I've been thankful for ancestors and predescessors. Today, I'm so grateful for posterity. And, I'm very proud of my children and grandchildren. Can you tell?

No comments: