Sunday, December 7, 2008

Day 29: I'm Thankful for Transportation

I am so thankful to be able to get around. Despite the whole not-having-a-car, for a really long time, I am able to get around town and get to things and places I need or want to.

I am able to have a bus/rail pass from school that is no longer free, but seriously inexpensive at only $40 per semester, and $25 for the whole summer. The bus situation in Mesa is pretty dire, but manageable most of the time. The light rail is really fun, and I have gotten well-acquainted with it through traveling to Phoenix's Downtown ASU campus for the past 3 semesters.

My classes for my college minor, Nonprofit Management, are all at the downtown campus. I have a few things to finish up an "incomplete" in 2 classes, and I'll be DONE with my minor classes. Yay! I'm thankful for that, too!G

I'm also very grateful to my amazing and loving son, Jeremiah, who has faithfully picked me up at the ASU Business College after my Monday night accounting class for the ENTIRE spring semester. When I learned that this "required" class was only given at night, I asked him if he had the time, and would be willing, to be my ride home on Monday nights. There is no bus going north on Stapley Drive in Mesa after 6:30 PM, so I either had to figure out some way to get home, or not take the class.

Thankfully, he was not only able, but was also willing. It has been a very fun and special experience enjoying those Monday night times to visit with him, catch up on things, and sometimes go by Taco Bell for food on the way home.

Jeremiah, you are my hero! Thanks so much! That class was REALLY HARD! I'm glad that class is over with, and I got a B!

Woo hoo!

No comments: