Sunday, December 7, 2008

Day 22: I'm Thankful for Marily

Marily is such a special person, and was such a joy to have as a child. She loves life, and works hard to instill this and values of faith, hard work, truth and righteousness, and many other choice values into her children.

She was always laughing and having fun. She loves a good joke, and loves a little teasing. I think she wouldn't be happy if someone didn't tease her a little. This is a good thing, since her husband also loves a good joke, and her boys seem to have inherited the quick wit and love of a good laugh from the two of them.

Marily loves learning, and loves doing the "domestic" things that many believe have gone out of fashion, such as sewing, canning fruits and even meat, and being a "happy homemaker" for her family. She understands the real meaning of gaining joy through the service of those around her, and is an example to all who know her.

Marily has a creative side that I believe she has barely scratched the surface of. I look forward to seeing what new and amazing things she will do with this in the future. She is a gifted writer, with critical insights that many find inspirational, as well as clever. She writes in her blog about the good things, and the bad, not placing herself above having faults. I wish I were more like her in this. Yes, I know I have faults and frailties, and I'm definitely willing to express this; but, I'm still not willing to write it all down and hang it out there for all the world to see. Marily, you are a good example in this to all of us.

She is gifted in music and many other things, and as she raises her family of boys, I am hoping she'll eventually have a girl or two, so she can explore her more "girlie" side of creating frilly dresses or whatever. Boys don't wear much pink, or many "foufy" things, so her sewing projects mostly relate to items for herself, ties for the boys, and aprons and such.

Marily has a degree in Education, but is mostly using that knowledge to help teach her family. For this, she is well-prepared. She was third in the family, so has a brother and two sisters that she was able to practice "mothering." I'm not sure how much they liked this, but I suspect not much. However, she is a great mom and example to her friends and associates as to how to love your children, and still be firm in guiding them.

We have worked on several creative projects, from the wall-hanging for Mark's office, to other things. I look forward to many more such creative endeavors. But, most of all, I look forward to many more times "hanging out" with the boys. I love my grandchildren!

Thanks so much Marily for always making sure I get the invites to their special events. Thanks also for choosing to have me as your mother. I will always be available to help with anything I am able - just let me know.

I am proud to be your mother. I love you.

No comments: