Sunday, December 7, 2008

Day 23: I'm Thankful for Bethany

"Bethany, Bethany, Bethany, Bethany. Life is but a dream."

This is what Marily sang when she was little. "Why do they always sing my name? Why can't they sing someone else's name?" I thought it was pretty cute, but she didn't!

Bethany is the fourth child in the family. She is a bright, happy, loving, kind, and very intelligent person. Born in December, she was also such a bright light during the Christmas season that year, that for the first time, I actually understood a tiny bit what Mary, the mother of Jesus, must have felt at His birth.

Having 3 children already, I was a lot more relaxed, less harried, and more understanding that although the house needs cleaning, etc., the children will not wait, and will grow up whether or not the dust bunnies are still under the couch. It is best to enjoy them while they are still little. Watching your children learn, discover, and grow is the most amazing thing about being a mother.

I was able to contemplate and wonder about my children's futures, about the things that I most needed to teach them, and mentally try to arrange my priorities to make those things more important that SHOULD be important.

Bethany has a love of living things - outdoors, animals, and most of all her children and husband. She is a no-nonsense mom, but is able to keep things in perspective and relax and have fun with her children.

Bethany also loves to learn and create. Having children and making a home for her husband and family has given her the desire to gain new talents and create things. It has been really fun working with her and teaching her as she has wanted to make cushions for her window seat, design and make Halloween costumes, and creating clothes from pillow cases for her and Heidi. She has a talent for design, and although she is barely scratching the surface in this area, I'm looking forward to watching her grow and gain expertise in this area.

Bethany is an amazing young woman, wife, and mother. I am so proud to be her mother!

Thanks for choosing me to be your mom! I love it! And, I love you!

No comments: